Bread, Fish and Bear

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

So our wonderful but brief rest ended as we set off again for a little more fun. We stopped at colton a town of 2 buildings, to get breakfast at the bakery. No one was there, this rather confused us as there was a very limited selection of hiding places, we searched what little there was to search but we weren’t very productive and eventually gave up with no bread. So we got brekky elsewhere and moved on to the next hotspot, a coastal tour of some bizarre sculptures. Each one individual, and I mean that, there was a melon shaped man on a bike, a row of square heads and a pair of thongs to name a few.

In the afternoon we went swimming with tuna. You could feed them as well, giving the big fish little fish but you had to be wary of the seagulls who like to snatch anything and everything, especially fish away from people, oh and they also crapped on me, luckily I was wearing Angelicas hat at the time. Then they crapped on my arm and my leg. ‘Bugger this!’ I thought and promptly stripped off and dived in aiming for the nearest fish to take it out on. Unfortunately my attempts to catch the tuna were about as successful as my attempts to avoid bird crap. The big fish swim around like children given a double espresso, half sugar with some caffeine pills thrown in, only without the inevitable come-down.

That evening we pulled into another campsite, but this time with a monumental difference, this campsite had bears! And obviously by bears I do mean Koalas, big bears are not native to Australia, in fact the only large predator on land in Oz is the croc, and most of the time they aren’t on land. So I decided to head out and try to hunt down one of the drop bears not so dangerous cousins and attempt to make friends, Geli (Angelica) came with me.

The first grunting beast; (for those that don’t know Koala bears grunt, we discovered this while setting up our tents and hearing a noise like a large angry boar in the bushes which scared the crap out of everyone) was just plain grumpy. Some were asleep, some were defensive, some were just confused and then we found one that was only half asleep, confused enough to not have a clue what was happening but too tired to care, and this fella we named Bob. I of course had no idea whether Bob was male or female but this was no hindrance, if Bob was female than it should simply be short for Kate, a joke that only people who know Blackadder will get, so sorry to those who are just confused now, go watch Blackadder. Anyway I wanted to hug a Koala, or at least touch one, and this I got to do even though I was told I shouldn’t touch them, I couldn’t help it though they’re just so cute and cuddly!

0 comments:

Post a Comment