Back to base

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Starting the journey back to Perth at 3 was tough, and what was worse I didn’t manage to sleep until over half way there. I was slightly annoyed that I couldn’t go any higher seeing as I would be missing lots but then you never get to see everything eh. So off I headed on a painful journey, which was made much nicer by the fact that Clair and Helen got on when we went past Kalbarri.

Back in Perth I made a new friend, apart from a French girl who worked there and a Dutch girl I talked with once at lunch, I had spoken little with the other inhabitants in Perth City YHA. Coming back I met Natacha, a pretty French lady (I hope you have noticed a pattern arising here, how most of the people I meet seem to be pretty women… I only notice when I write about it after, seems normal to me at the time.) who I hung out with during my brief rest back in Perth before the next leg. We ate together, watched films together, went for walks together and got lost and pissed off in the heat together. Whilst searching for wildlife on Heirrison Island we walked left thinking it looked more promising. Well we kept looking on the left side for quite a while, but guess what, we found only ducks. It was hot so our search was slightly more difficult than one might imagine, and eventually I did figure out that we simply on the wrong side of the island.

Whilst we wandered over the over side I discovered that Natacha was ticklish, and she discovered my age, we both asked each other and then both said guess. So she guessed all the usuals, 24? No. 25? No. 26?! “I’m 20.” “No… your not 20, you cant be!” Why exactly I couldn’t be 20 I wasn’t quite sure, then of course it was my turn, 26? No. 27? No. 28? No. “alright then 38?” “NO!” complete with slap. “I’m 29.” Then I noticed a gate, looking remarkably like that of an enclosure for animals maybe. “That’s it!” I announced and steered us towards it. Inside we did indeed meet some kangaroos, and cleverly I had not taken a camera with me, otherwise I would upload some amusing pictures of me shaking hands with a Roo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment