Melbourne, the Rival

Sunday, April 4, 2010

My aunt and uncle had a couple of friends who played the music for their wedding, and then moved to Australia, Nicky and Stuart were still living there when I arrived and had offered me a bed for when I got to Melbourne. When I turned up it turned out to be a double bed in a lovely house and food as well, it seemed my luck was still working. So with so much time on my hands I went ahead and discovered only a very small amount of Melbourne, as always seems to be the way; if you have a time schedule to keep to you get things done and when you have all the time in the world you somehow never get round to doing anything. Not to say that I wasted my time in Melbourne though, I enjoyed watching Andy Murray power his way through to the finals of the Australian Open, I enjoyed watching Federa smite him like a bug, I had Australia day in Melbourne and I ended up at the party next door and didn’t return till the next morning. Jesse (that I met in Sydney) was here also so I hung out with him in my spare time (not that I had anything but spare time) and we visited the zoo together seeing all kinds of odd things such as signs that said Hati-Hati, a room with a billion butterflies and giraffes, naturally Melbourne zoo had some Australian wildlife but most of it seemed to have been shipped in from the rest of the world such as the bears, lions and hyena which are clearly not native animals.

IMG_7382

Something strange happened, I met Nora again, I was hanging out with Jesse at the YHA Metro and as I was leaving I saw Nora by the door, I arranged to meet her the next day and off I went back home to sleep. So the next day I wandered into town and we met up to go for lunch at a local Indian, meanwhile talking about this and that but for some reason the conversation just didn’t seem to work, everything we talked about ended up as an argument. I had noticed the night before that Nora seemed a little wary of me as if she didn’t like me as soon as she set eyes on me, but I figured I was just imagining things and ignored it. Now for some reason we just couldn’t get on, we got onto the subject of politics and then it resulted in an argument, even though I’m sure we had pretty similar views, like two people yelling at each other and when you listen they’re both saying exactly the same thing but they aren’t listening to each other so they don’t notice. Eventually she informed me I had changed and was clearly not the person she thought I was, I had become much harsher and seemed as if I was really tired and grumpy and if this had happened when we first met she would have just walked away and not bothered with me. To be honest I still haven’t a clue what happened and what I said wrong, how I met up with a friend and suddenly we became enemies, it was confusing and a little hurtful and I’m sure totally unnecessary, perhaps I just shouldn’t talk politics with anyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment