Meeting Cygnet's Ruling Family

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Several days of sitting on my arse, waiting for something to happen, wondering what I was going to spend the next 2 months doing and then a pair of English backpackers arrived, Molly and Rosanna. Still wondering what I was going to do the girls planned to go down for a little day trip with Bobby, a Chinese born Aussie I had been talking to at the hostel, down in the region of Cygnet, a small, sparsely populated place in the south west of Tasmania. Bobby had a friend called Annie from Sydney, who was visiting her friends down in cygnet, and when Bobby called to ask if she was busy we got invited to lunch. Alan and Kay welcomed us into their home and fed us a delicious lunch that even I being one of the fussiest people on earth enjoyed thoroughly. We met their granddaughter Jessica, the 2 resident dogs and then Jessica’s sisters Mary and Adele, I did some reiki on Annie’s shoulder which had been destroyed in a skiing accident, (or perhaps several skiing accidents one after the other) and then we all went to the beach. On the way to the beach we stopped off where Annie was actually staying and picked up swimmers and Ryan (Jessica’s Cousin) and had a tour of the house and garden before heading off to the beach and getting lost on the way!

The water in Tasmania is cold, and I say that having swum in England, Wales and even Scotland. Even Annie went in as well although she didn’t swim, the rest of us swum out to a boat which Bobby proceeded to climb and jump off and I proceeded to be defeated by but that was only because I was so damn cold at that point my fingers were going numb and weren’t much use for gripping. The only person to really squeal and take forever getting into the water was Ryan, sissy! After the swim we went hunting for a certain beach, to hunt for mussels, which resulted in us getting lost and confused again which I discovered was due to cousins trying to direct each other, eventually we found the right beach though. So off we went clambering over rocks and cutting our feet on oysters all to get a bag full of mussels and I don’t even like seafood! I must admit collecting the mussels was fun though, someone even ate raw oyster, that made me feel a little queasy. The last stop was the chippy to complete the meal at which Annie treated us all to fish and chips so we returned to Alan and Kay’s for an evening feast before finally departing and heading back to Hobart.

IMG_8702

0 comments:

Post a Comment