The next City

Thursday, October 22, 2009


So what can I say of Brisbane, it is a city, it has a river, it has a YHA. What else you say? Umm buildings… sky… lots of flies. Ok I’ll be nice; the botanical gardens while being nowhere near Sydney’s are pretty and the banyan trees there are damn cool, it has a pleasant area next to the river with artful walkways and a nice lagoon and a few places to explore but I didn’t do much exploring nor did I stay long. However while I was there I encountered Jochen and Jana 2 people I had met before in the Blue Mountains. Jochen and I searched for a pub, and failed, for some reason the pubs in Brisbane are impossible to find, for us at least, even though we kept hearing about them. The bars we did find were all packed and extremely noisy when all we wanted was a quiet drink, we eventually went into one but ended up downing our drinks just to be free of the awful atmosphere. We tried to find another but to no avail, I was still feeling ill and thought I might just fall asleep in the road if we didn’t go back.

Next I headed to Hervey Bay to start my Fraser Island trip, I stayed the night at the colonial village YHA where I was greeted with a drink, some sweets and lots of smiles and laughter, reprimanded for cutting my hair in my video and even given my own private room! I had booked my Fraser Island trip for the next morning but I hadn’t realised because of the company I booked it with I would need to be at another hostel in the morning, stupid. Anyway it was booked and paid for, just be more organised than me and this wont happen. I didn’t mind that much though as I got on with the staff and was actually tempted to stay for a while longer just because its such a cool hostel, shame I had to leave at 6 in the morning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment