A Bit Further North!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Back to Hervey Bay where I stayed a couple of nights just to get cleaned and sorted and then north towards the Whitsunday Adventure. Stopping only in Rockhampton.

Rockhampton………

Sleep

I woke up, saw the sun and thought ‘holy moly’ (not exact words) ‘its bright, that means it must be late, that means I must have missed my coach,’ I allowed my self one brief nanosecond of dispair before grabbing my phone and turning it on, waiting for it to boot up and tell me the bloody time was quite stressful, eventually the thing told me it was 6.43, my shuttle leaves at 6.45, perfect timing! I panic, ‘I cant make it! I’ll be late! Arghhhh!’ I also realise that my phone is very possibly slow as I have had that problem before.

I leapt out of bed grabbing my shorts and pulling them on all in (I’d like to say one smooth move here) several clumsy movements, looking like a teenage boy who just woke up with the girl with the super scary dad, who happens to be just outside. Instead of a crazed dad carrying an axe, I hopped out half naked to find the shuttle bus driver just walking out of a door to my left, I implored him to wait and naturally he said “No worries mate.” This is definitely the fastest packing I have ever done taking all of 6 seconds, then a further 9 to realise I had forgotten stuff in the fridge, sprint to the kitchen, retrieve and pack that as well. ‘Bugger, the bed sheets!’ Add 8 seconds. Walking to the bus took around 11, naturally I would run but it’s a little difficult with big bags that threaten to remove my arms with just a tad of jolting. I get the stuff in the bus and jump in the passenger seat, sitting down and realising that I managed to get up and pack then get to the bus in under a minute! All whilst talking to the Israeli in my room! Astounded by my speed and berating myself for not setting an alarm we headed to the greyhound. I was the first one on, after all that crazy stuff the bus waited around another 20 minutes whilst I swapped seats looking for the most comfortable one. Perhaps I don’t need to be organised, let luck do all the work whilst you lie in!

We left and the driver proceeded to play us more Pink songs than I knew existed, I think he was a fan. Airlie beach is great, no honestly it’s really interesting with lots to do and see and… ok I’m lying; its 1 street with 3 bars. Luckily I had nothing to do but sleep and get on a boat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment