Presents!!!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ok so for the last little while I have been travelling and doing tons of random stuff, I am also now in Tasmania which for those of you that don’t know means I have a lot more time in the bush and the bush doesn’t have wi-fi. So I shall do my best to finish this story of mine and try to get up the rest of my photos etc. maybe even another bit of film footage, but don’t expect anything too regularly.

My return to Sydney was quite nice; it rounded off the trip and sort of marked it as the end of my frantic travelling. Since then I have travelled very little and instead enjoyed my time getting to know people in one area, sleeping a lot and generally just mucking about, unfortunately this does also mean less pictures. Whilst I was back in Sydney I got to see Sydney festival, hang out with Nic before she left for NZ and see Kate.

Now this would be a while after Christmas, I couldn’t get to Sydney any earlier, but there were presents waiting for me in Sydney. My mum had informed me that she had sent over a present to a friend who was visiting her son near Manly, and that I was to retrieve it from her at Christmas, something I was pretty excited about as it doesn’t really matter how old you are its always great to get a present! I met Andrea coming off the ferry, I had no idea what she looked like having met her once before in England a fair while ago and not being the best at remembering names I was looking about hoping that I might know one of the many faces around me. Eventually she found me, my facial recognition obviously isn’t quite up to scratch at the moment.

After saying hello she plonked a large bag in my arms and said merry Christmas, there was I thinking my mother had sent over perhaps a pair of socks or something else small and easily transported. It turns out that she hadn’t in fact used the postal service to sent over a small parcel but given a big bag of presents to Andrea back in England, which she then took over in her luggage and had been holding for me for about 2 months. The evening with them went like this: sit in a cafĂ© and open presents (list to follow), walk over a big hill, meet Lee and have a swim, go get takeaway for dinner (cringing at this point, I’m fussy), go back to Lee’s and meet the dog, chat and eat dinner (delicious), chat to Andrea on the way home. Unfortunately I didn’t get to meet Lee’s wife Darleen or the new baby, which is a shame, but I might get to meet them on my next visit to Sydney before I catch my flight home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment