New Years

Monday, March 1, 2010

New Years was a slightly sad affair as Nic would be leaving on New Years Day, upon a train that had no more seats available (naturally this was a blatant lie as Nic later informed me her carriage was nowhere near full) according to Great Southern Rail, however we made it a nice ending. Earlier in the day we went out to the market and selected some nice food: olive bread, vintage cheese, more olives, some dips and snacks and then a bottle of wine finished our picnic. We took the food out and went to the river (No alcohol zone so the wine was hidden), where most of the people had congregated but handily left a nice little spot for us with plenty of space to spread out and eat whilst we waited for the awful band to stop playing, luckily they promptly did just that and we got to sit enjoy whilst watching fireworks go off and everyone cheer for the new year. The food was fantastic, I was with my new best friend with a picnic and a bottle of wine on New Years Eve watching the moon instead of the fireworks and stuffing my face, my best new years yet and I didn’t even get a kiss.

Sadly though Nic was of course just about to leave, she promised to come and see me on my 21st when I got back home, if I managed to get on a train soon I might even get to see her in Sydney for a couple of days but either way, she was leaving. She hopped on the train and off she went, half way they discovered the tracks had been flooded, so she came back to Adelaide, then set off again, this time on a replacement bus which, just like the replacement bus service back home, took twice as long as the train would have done. I didn’t envy her trip one little bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment