Arriving in sydney

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

This is my first blog.. ever!

So far I have been around Sydney for a week, seeing various wonderful things and getting rather stressed out. A mixed bag of delights and absolute poo.

I left England feeling pretty nervous, had no idea what I was getting myself into (still no change there) and what my trip would be like. At the airport I struggled against the tears as I wandered through the metal detectors and wondered why the hell I was walking away from the only thing standing between me and the big scary world! So after leaving my parents at the check in desk I enjoyed the ridiculous measures taken by the airport security and walked up and down the airport bobbing to my shiny new iPod, about six hundred times, whilst my plane got ready to leave.

IMG_2740


The journey was tiring, I hate sleeping in chairs even when I’m in a huge soft chair and have a gorgeous girl curled up with me, but I had no girl and no comfortable chair, so it was crap. Also the guy next to me fell asleep, so I had to jump over him to reach the appropriate relief spot. I took advantage of the courtesy drinks whenever offered and soon felt better about the whole ordeal, time passed (like snails crossing a desert) and eventually I was in Bangkok, great place! I got to see about 200 metres of airport before they checked my bag again for bombs, some genius id have to be to manage to assemble one in 3 hours in an airport… and I got back on the same plane, this time next to 2 Norwegian girls, this flight passed slightly easier.

My arrival in Sydney could not have been timed better, as we flew over the city getting ready to land I watched the crimson sun peer over the horizon and got the best view of Sydney anyone ever has. Then jetlagged and bewildered I wandered off the plane and met the ozintro crew, gave the Norwegian girls my e-mail (still haven’t heard from them), and buggered off to the beach.



IMG_2745



Share/Bookmark


0 comments:

Post a Comment